Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

God Called a Boy to Preach (My Testimony)

There has never been an adequate explanation of why God chooses the ones He does to do the work that they do.  Men have attempted to explain this, and certainly the scripture bears witness that God chooses the weak and the unlearned, but no discourse can explain all of God’s wisdom.  I do not know why God chose me, but choose me he did.  Just a few weeks after God baptized me with the Holy Ghost I had a dream from the Lord.  In that dream I saw myself preaching to people of all colors.  I preached with the anointing and the fire.  Then I gave the altar call.  People came streaming to the altar and I walked around the altars laying hands on them and praying in that Heavenly language that God had recently evidenced in my life.  Then I awoke from the dream, sat up straight in my bed speaking in tongues in the waking world.  The next night God repeated the dream.  I knew in my heart that God had called me to preach.  I was just 15 years old, and did not know much about life, but I knew that God was speaking to me.  I shared the dream with my parents and they rejoiced with me.  They had always known secretly in their hearts that God was going to use me one day.  Why did God call a boy to preach?  No one may ever be able to fully explain why God does anything.  Maybe God did so just because He can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog